What is an L-1A Visa?

A L-1A nonimmigrant has some very strict legal requirements. Namely, the intracompany transferee must establish that within the three years preceding the application for admission, s/he was employed abroad continuously for one year by a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the U.S. petitioning company. Although ‘temporariness” is no longer an issue of concern to Immigration because of ‘dual intent’, the foreign national must seek to enter the United States temporarily to continue to work for the same employer, affiliate, or subsidiary. The foreign national must continue to work in a managerial or executive capacity. In some instances, petitioning companies are eligible to qualify for a Blanket L petition. L-2 spouses are eligible for employment authorization in the United States. We represent large and small companies and assist with the L-1A visa process for its managers and executives.

If you are a company looking to transfer a manager or executive or a foreign national with a foreign company looking to open up a new office in the United States, we recommend that you call (954) 772-8782 or email info@shanelaw.com to schedule a comprehensive consultation appointment so the board certified immigration attorneys at Shane & Shane can properly advise you of your options.