Work Visa USA | Best immigtation Lawyer | H-1b Status

Why Use an Attorney for Immigrating to the USA? — Work Visa USA 

I am a USA citizen by birth. My husband is a foreign citizen. Can my husband get transferred from his job in Africa to the USA and then apply to become a USA citizen? What is the best and fastest way for him to come here and become a lawful permanent resident? Will it cost over $2,000 for a lawyer to do all the necessary paperwork to get him a work visa in the USA?
— Anonymous

When trying to figure out the best way to immigrate to the United States, it is always a good idea to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer who can explain any and all the possible ways to immigrate and the applicable laws.  Once you choose a path, then it is always a good idea for an attorney to

assist you with the process because it can be very confusing and you want it to be done correctly the first time to avoid any unnecessary delays.
As for your husband’s possible paths to permanent residency, depending on his education and experience, he may be eligible to immigrate to the United States on an employment-based visa where he will come to work in the USA.


If your husband is presently a manager, executive, or person with specialized knowledge in a particular field for a multinational corporation, he may be eligible for an L-1 nonimmigrant visa as an intra-company transferee, which may eventually be converted into permanent residency. Depending on his level of expertise, he may be considered to be a person of extraordinary ability who may file an employment-based immigrant visa petition on his own behalf or he may be eligible for H-1b status.

Another possibility is for you, as a United States citizen, to file an I-130 visa petition on his behalf so he can consular process through the United States embassy in his country. Or, you may be able to file a K-3 nonimmigrant visa on your husband’s behalf.
Attorney fees vary depending on the level of difficulty of the case and the experience of the particular attorney, among many other factors. The filing fees for each case are set by the government and the type of case being filed. As you can see, there are potentially many ways for your husband to immigrate to the United States. Each way has many potential pitfalls which can result in delay or even denial. It would be best to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to discuss all of your options.

Michael Shane and Evan Shane, Immigration Attorneys